So your website's getting built and you're ready to take your business into the digital space. But have you given any thought to what happens next?
Just having a website alone, is hardly ever enough. You're going to need to drive web traffic to your site. You can think of your website as a shiny new car and digital marketing initiatives as the fuel to make the car go.
If this is the first time you're giving any thought to marketing, don't panic. Here's the first few things you should probably be considering:
- How to track your website engagement - how many people are coming to your site, where they are coming from and what they are doing on your site.
- using this information to make informed business decisions, rather than relying on guess work.
I recommend using Google Analytics for this, for a couple of reasons:
- Most importantly, it's free! (and we're happy to help you install it)
- Google Analytics is split into four key reporting areas:
- Audience (who is visiting your site),
- Acquisition (how they are getting to your site),
- Behaviour (what they are doing on your site) and
- Conversions (have they completed what you wanted them to).
This allows you to make informed business decisions on how to make the most of your website, by seeing:
- Who your ideal target market is – important for marketing
- How are your customers finding out about your site – where to place emphasis and assign budget
- What type of content you should have on your website to get your audience most engaged
- Why visitors are or aren’t taking the actions you want them to, and how you can improve the process.
This is all vital information you would need in order to make the right decisions on how to market your business online.
You can create your own Google Analytics account by clicking here. If you'd like help setting up your account and getting it installed get in touch! Or if you'd like to find out more on Sage Online Tools digital marketing packages, chat to one of our sales consultants